Before I start, here is the only picture from my recent trip to Orlando, that is even worth sharing – And the sad part is that this was taken inside the airport.
1) Orlando can be a frying pan during the months of May, June, July, August and September – If that’s not your kind of heat, then you can enjoy the hurricane showers you could get in August & September for the cooling effect.
2) If Vegas can be atrociously touristy, Orlando can be super-atrociously touristy..! When I am on a business trip for 30 hours here, don’t think I prefer that.
3) Don Henley is a talented singer. How can he do song after song for 75 minutes without cracking his voice or bleeding from his throat..at his age? It is just that I went for his concert and this note has really got nothing to do with Orlando.
4) I could feel the effect of economy at the conference – Pre-packed cold sandwiches and salads taking the place of some warm meals they served us last year at the conference. The saddest part of course, was the dessert selection. No real fat content! Phew..Talk about learning to live slim during tough times.
5) Airports or TSA should introduce “Clear” kind of express lanes for frequent travelers at all busy airports. Not everyone would want to spend the “Clear” kind of money to go through the express lanes. I saw a guy in suit soaking with sweat, as he stood in the security line ahead of me, while the girl behind him was dancing to her iPod tunes in her flip-flops, tank tops and shorts! Not fair.
6) 30 hours later – I am where it all started. The Orlando airport! I have successfully spent 29 out of the 30 hours, indoors in Orlando. With Delta Crown club lounge packed with noisy business travelers like me, the chatter echoing through the air around me has a common flavor to it. Guess what? Alcohol…!