This blog may have taken a political turn of late but it was not intentional. Probably it is more to do with what has been bothering me the most in current times..And given the 2008 elections and an opportunity to change, it was only natural.
So to take a break from what has been bothering me on a daily basis, I am stepping away for a moment and am trying to write about stuff that I got run over by in the passing, although they affected me to the least. Really these are non-bothering news in recent times, that caught my attention and I am sure you would have heard about them as well. If not, I hope you get some news value out of them 🙂
- Violinist Joshua Bell goes incognito to a Washignton D.C. subway station and starts playing 6 of the more complicated Bach compositions..and in 45 minutes, he collected $32. There was silence at the end of it and no one applauded. This happened about a month ago and Washington Post arranged/sponsored (!) this experiment. Now what is the conclusion you should draw specially if we were told that the same guy played to a packed audience the previous night were the minimum tickets were going at $100/seat..?
- Chess Boxing is a hybrid support where the players get involved in eleven rounds of chess (4 minutes for each round) and boxing (3 minutes for each round) alternately. Apparently there is a World Chess Boxing Organizations (WSBO) and the game is only popular in Europe as of now. I am sure there is a reason for this. If the game has to get anywhere closer to being popular in the US, then there should not be any brains involved in the sport.
- If you have the option to live anywhere in the world and you want to choose a country based on how happy you would be when you live there, then Denmark should be your choice. But if your choice is limited to just the Americas (continents), then the chances of you leading a happy life are more if you lived in Colombia than in the USA.
- BlogHer conference is meant for Women Bloggers and apparently the most recent conference in Chicago saw the corporate world entice Mommy bloggers with so many freebies that they think the economy could actually be turning around. Me thinks this is going to give rise to population explosion.
- A funny picture:
- According to The Ann Arbor News, a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan one morning and asked for cash with a gun in his hand. The clerk tuned him down because he said he couldn’t open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren’t available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.